Last weekend I stayed with a friend who is following the Slimming World weight loss plan (wow… the other side) and she introduced me to baked waffles…yum yum yummity yum! So I got myself a waffle mould from Ebay for the bargain price of £1.69 and here’s what you do!
What you need:
40g porridge oats
2 tsp Canderel sweetener
3 tbsp fat free natural yoghurt or Quark
1 tsp vanilla extract/essence
Fresh fruit to accompany
Syrup of your choice
What you do:
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°c
- Blend the oats using a food processor until fine
- Add the sugar, egg, vanilla and yoghurt/Quark (if using Quark, add a little water to make a more runny consistency). I mixed using an electric whisk but you can just use a spoon
- Mix together and spoon into waffle mould that has been sprayed with a little Fry-Light
- Bake for approx. 15-20 minutes
- Serve with yoghurt, syrup and fruit as desired
These made a really lovely treat for a weekend breakfast, ideal for when you have the extra time for the prep and baking. They reminded me of French Toast and are very filling.
As I’m still following the Weight Watchers plan I calculated these to be 7 Smart Points per serving, not including any syrup or yoghurt topping. I tend to play the system and use just under any amount that will mean I need to count it 😉 I believe these are Syn free on the Slimming World plan excluding any additional syrup you add…enjoy!
Until next time Happy Baking!