20 Quirks and Strange Habits – The Weird Side of Writers

Today I am sharing with you an infographic designed and written by writer and blogger Jack Milgram.  It’s full of fascinating little habits and peculiarities of some well-known authors.  So here you go, for your browsing pleasure:

Great stuff Jack, obviously being a massive Agatha Christie fan this was my favourite but I also love the idea of Lewis Carroll and his purple ink – why follow the norm when you can go purple!

Connect with Jack Milgram via

Website | Twitter | Facebook

If you like infographics, check out Compelling First Lines

1. 25th March 2018 / 3:21 pm

Great post, I love Poe’s love for his cat! Apples seem to be really an author’s favorite fruit… I’d not want to open Schiller’s drawers though 🙂

• Lindsay | Bookboodle
      30th March 2018 / 5:05 pm

Yeah, I’m not sure musty mouldy apples is appealing either really! Each to their own 😉

2. 31st March 2018 / 8:44 am

What a wonderfully weird and interesting post. I don’t think I will be following any of their inspirations though. Can you imagine drinking 50 cups of coffee a day! But I love that Jane Austen was so invested in her characters that she imagined their futures. That is surely the sign of a great Author.
    Amanda

• Lindsay | Bookboodle
      31st March 2018 / 10:11 am

I must admit I’m a fan of an infographic – I find it more of an interesting and quicker way of sharing information 🙂
      I know, 50 cups, Balzac must have been constantly buzzing!! 😉
      #TalkoftheTown

3. 31st March 2018 / 1:36 pm

How interesting! I’m encouraged by the idea of Burgess flicking through a dictionary to fill in his descriptions – it’s my own weakness, so I have some sympathy.

• Lindsay | Bookboodle
      1st April 2018 / 12:34 pm

That’s something I’ve done myself too and don’t get me started on the thesaurus 🙂

4. 2nd April 2018 / 11:09 am

I love infographics too Lindsay. Anything visual. Not sure I would hang upside down waiting for inspiration! Probably black out before that happened hahaha.

• Lindsay | Bookboodle
      2nd April 2018 / 3:13 pm

It is a very extreme way of getting inspiration! There must have been easier ways 😉