Whatever you call it, be it Eggy Bread or French Toast this quick breakfast is great for a weekend treat (especially as I adapted from savoury to sweet!). Ok, so not technically a bake but still this is a tried, tested and adapted Weight Watchers recipe. I fancied something different for my brekkie and the Weight Watchers app does have lots of recipe inspiration and this fitted what I had in the fridge.
What you need:
Makes 4 servings
4 slices Weight Watchers thick wholemeal bread
4 tbsp skimmed milk
Low calorie frying spray (e.g Frylight)
Vanilla essence, if required
Cinnamon, if required
What you do:
- Lightly beat the eggs and milk together.
- Add some vanilla and cinnamon if required, mix.
- Put the bread in a shallow dish and cover with the egg mixture. Allowing to soak in….repeat for all slices of bread.
- Mist a large frying pan with cooking spray and heat.
- Fry the bread until golden. Recipe states 2-3 minutes, realistically this took mine closer to 12 minutes.
I’ve never made this before and it was really quick and easy, however the cooking spray is not ideal for getting a golden brown or stopping the bread stick to the pan. Next time, I think I’ll sacrifice 1 of my daily points and use oil instead. In all honesty, I didn’t think I was going to like it as I don’t like fried eggs. However, they were really quite yummy. I do surprise myself sometimes.
I served my Eggy Bread with a couple of teaspoons of vanilla yoghurt and some fresh blueberries. Next time, I’ll add cinnamon.
If you are following the Weight Watchers Flex plan, these equate to 2 points per slice!
Until next time…Happy Baking!