Ok, so I have gone a little muffin mad just lately, but that’s because I’ve had two new different sized silicone trays to experiment with, but I promise to step away from the muffin tray for now and try some other bakes.
What you need:
250g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
75g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
175g milk or plain chocolate chips
What you do:
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°c. Lightly grease a 12 muffin tin or use paper muffin cases if you don’t have a silicone tray.
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a large bowl and then add the butter in chunks, rubbing it into the flour using your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and the chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, mix together the eggs, vanilla essence and milk and then pour into the dry mixture and combine. Don’t overmix, it should be a chunky rough mix.
- Share evenly between the tin or the paper cases.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool in the tray initially then on a wire rack.
Until next time…Happy Baking!