My Christmas Book Haul

Before we get too far into the New Year I thought I’d share with you the books I received and bought over the Christmas holiday.

image-copy

In particular, Before the Fall by Noah Hawley.

image-copy-2This was bought from a local charity shop where I live.  You might be able to see from the photo but it’s actually  a proof copy.  This doesn’t bother me that the proof was donated but what it means is that there’s a book blogger in the town where I live receiving ARC’s too.  Nothing momentous there I hear you say…but this is a relatively small town and it interests me to discover their blog (in a non-stalkerish way you understand!).

Also, I just love these 2 books for their stunning covers.

image

They’re part of a series from the Scholastic Classics.  I have read A Christmas Carol but don’t have a copy so this is a lovely edition to start a new collection.

Have you read any of my recent acquisitions?

1. 4th January 2017 / 2:32 pm

I’ve been wanting to read Before the Fall. I love the fact that it’s a proof copy!
    And the covers of Black Beauty & A Christmas Carol are beautiful 🙂

• 5th January 2017 / 8:21 pm

I’m keen to read it before the movie adaptation is released 🙂

• 7th January 2017 / 2:01 pm

I forgot they were doing one! But then again, I shouldn’t be too surprised! Book to film adaptations are all the rage these days, aren’t they? 😉

• 10th January 2017 / 8:10 pm

True! I do enjoy a book to movie adaptation though – especially if done well! 🙂

2. 4th January 2017 / 5:30 pm

Vanessa Greene I bought ages ago (Kindle) but not got around to reading Lindsay 🙁

I bought the Pointless board game for us to play at Christmas (does that count!) but we didn’t really get on with it …

I totally get your reaction to the proof 😀

Varied haul!

• 5th January 2017 / 8:23 pm

We had the Pointless game last Christmas (2015) and we didn’t really enjoy it even though we love the TV show – it was too long winded.