My Year in Books and 5* Reads

2016

I haven’t read anywhere near the number of books this year that I wanted too.  I haven’t even managed to reach my revised revised revised target number.  I put this down to starting a new job which has been quite stressful and getting involved in an online business with a friend which will launch early 2017 so unfortunately my books and blogging took a back seat 🙁

Out of the 54 books I read this year I gave six books a 5* rating on Goodreads….6!! I don’t know if this makes me a harsh marker or just plain disappointed.  Anyway, my six 5* books read this year were:

See How They Run by Tom Bale – read April 2016

The Storied Life of A.J Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin – read July 2016

The Racketeer by John Grisham – read August 2016

Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult – read September 2016

Recipe for Life; The Autobiography by Mary Berry – read September 2016

A Place called Winter by Patrick Gale – read November 2016 (review outstanding – bad blogger!)

Could you pick just ONE book as your standout read for 2016?

1. 31st December 2016 / 9:43 am

54 books isn’t so bad Lindsay … especially when life takes you on a different path.

Hope you’re still enjoying the job and looking forward (intrigued!) to see what the online business is 🙂

• 5th January 2017 / 8:33 pm

I know…was just hoping for some more and to get that TBR pile down.

Yes, still enjoying. Dare I say it’s calmed down ever so slightly at the moment! 🙂

2. 31st December 2016 / 10:53 am

54 definitely sounds like a reasonable number to me. It gives you more time to enjoy them and 6 five star reads sounds about right. While I haven’t read any of them you do have some of my favourite authors so I will no doubt get there eventually.

I hope all goes well for you in 2017 in terms of job, business and fitting lots of reading in 🙂

3. 31st December 2016 / 5:13 pm

6 isn’t harsh at all, particularly if you read a lot of things which were 4 stars 🙂
    Hopefully once the new business launches and work becomes more routine (space for you to laugh here), you’ll have a bit more time for reading. Or you’ll have to go into audiobooks so you can “read” which getting other things done!

• 5th January 2017 / 8:32 pm

Yeah I read a lot of 4* but then when I looked back, I did wonder why I didn’t push them to 5* and I did question some of my 5* – I suppose it’s all based on how you feel at the time.
      Hoping things will start progressing business wise soon so we can push on…fingers crossed!

4. 31st December 2016 / 7:28 pm

54 books is still a pretty good amount!!

• 5th January 2017 / 8:27 pm

I know…but I was just hoping for a few more. Oh well – there’s always this year! 🙂

• 6th January 2017 / 5:39 am

I’m sure you’ll read even more this year 🙂

5. 31st December 2016 / 7:55 pm

Aww, all work and no play? Or… better… work is sort of play too. Wish you the best with the startup.

(Also, 54 books is still great 🙂 )

• 5th January 2017 / 8:29 pm

More work, a little play…but will be worth it in the long run! Many thanks for the best wishes x

6. 2nd January 2017 / 2:26 pm

54 is a good number! More than most people.

7. 7th February 2017 / 3:56 pm

Nice reads and good luck with the new venture in this new world. Go get them.