WWW Wednesday (June 15th)

Wednesday sure does come around quickly… πŸ™‚

β€’ What are you currently reading?
β€’ What did you recently finish reading?
β€’ What do you think you’ll read next?

I’m reading…

A Stitch in Time by Amanda James

I’ve not read any of Amanda James’ novels before but from the opening few lines I knew I would like this book. Witty and funny and I immediately warmed to Sarah’s down to earth character!

A Stitch in TimeThe blurb

Sarah Yates is a thirty-something history teacher, divorced, disillusioned and desperate to have more excitement in her life. Making all her dreams come true seems about as likely as climbing Everest in stilettos.

Then one evening the doorbell rings and the handsome and mysterious John Needler brings more excitement than Sarah could ever have imagined. John wants Sarah to go back in time …

Sarah is whisked from the Sheffield Blitz to the suffragette movement in London to the Old American West, trying to make sure people find their happy endings. The only question is, will she ever be able to find hers?

I recently finished

The Safe Word by Karen Long

A pretty good series opener although I wasn’t really taken with main character Eleanor.Β  I did really take to her new partner though – Whitefoot, I think he has a lot of potential.Β  This is quite a graphic novel, in terms of the murders and crime scenes, probably not one for the more squeamish.

The Safe Word Karen LongThe blurb

There are rules that every player of every game must abide by, no matter how dangerous the sport.

Toronto has become the backdrop to a macabre set of artistic installations: women kidnapped, tortured and horrifically displayed by a killer with a vision.

Only someone capable of understanding the killer’s creative desire will be able to stop the murders and D I Eleanor Raven is uniquely qualified. Driven by a complex personality she pursues only the facts, only the things she can see, but never casts a judgement.

But she also has a dark and dangerous secret – one that will threaten her very survival.

Β What’s up next?

All ThingsΒ Cease to AppearΒ by Elizabeth Brundage

This book was offered to me back in March by the publisher.Β  I was looking for my next read to be a different kind of murder mystery as I seem to be reading quite a lot of books in similar veins.Β  When I do this I find that I compare my current read to the one before and don’t necessarily judge it on its own merits. Does this ever happen to you?

All Things Cease to AppearThe blurb

Late one winter afternoon in upstate New York, George Clare comes home to find his wife murdered and their three-year-old daughter alone–for how many hours?–in her room down the hall. He had recently, begrudgingly, taken a position at the private college nearby teaching art history, and moved his family into this tight-knit, impoverished town. And he is the immediate suspect–the question of his guilt echoing in a story shot through with secrets both personal and professional. While his parents rescue him from suspicion, a persistent cop is stymied at every turn in proving Clare a heartless murderer. The pall of death is on-going, and relentless; behind one crime are others, and more than twenty years will pass before a hard kind of justice is finally served.

Have you read any of this week’s choices?

1. 15th June 2016 / 8:31 am

I’ve read The Safe Word and thought it was a good read x

2. samfalston
    15th June 2016 / 9:30 am

A stitch in time looks good πŸ™‚

• 15th June 2016 / 10:48 am

It’s a fun light-hearted read! Thanks for visiting.

Popping over to your post now πŸ™‚

3. 15th June 2016 / 10:51 am

I agree about Eleanor vs her partner. I felt really sorry for the poor guy, partly because she was unnecessarily harsh to him all the way through and then thoroughly nasty to him at the end!! But then, I guess this is all sowing seeds for them eventually to become best mates in future installments…

I’m really glad that A Stitch in Time is good after the long wait πŸ™‚

Here’s my WWW: https://clairehuston.wordpress.com/2016/06/15/www-wednesday-15th-june-2016/

• 15th June 2016 / 10:55 am

She is a total bitch to him the whole book isn’t she. In fact she’s horrible to most people except Mo, must be in the job description!!

• 15th June 2016 / 12:25 pm

Both are definitely worth the read πŸ™‚
      Thanks for visiting!

• 15th June 2016 / 9:35 pm

Yeah I’m looking forward to getting to that one…I hope you enjoy it too πŸ™‚

4. 15th June 2016 / 2:42 pm

I do try and balance my reads between all genres I like. If I read too many thrillers in a row, it all blurs and I can’t really form an opinion without comparing it to the one before. It can really hurt a story by not giving it all the chances to charm you!
    All Things Cease To Appear has been sitting on my wishlist for some time now, I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it.
    I am definitely adding A Stitch In Time to my books to buy.
    Happy reading! πŸ™‚

• 15th June 2016 / 9:43 pm

Yeah exactly the point I was trying to make! Normally I’d mix up genres a lot better than I have but I’ve had a few review books that have all been murder thrillers etc and they haven’t really wowed me which is why I bumped up A Stitch in Time as it’s a complete opposite!
      Have a good week πŸ™‚

5. 15th June 2016 / 3:08 pm

These all look very good…The Safe Word, but also All Things Cease to Appear, both caught my eye. Enjoy your week…and here’s MY WWW POST

• 15th June 2016 / 9:44 pm

Great…my work here is done! lol πŸ˜‰
      You too..enjoy your reading!

6. 15th June 2016 / 4:43 pm

I loved A Stitch in Time and Cross Stitch. Can’t wait for Mandy’s tour in July for her new book!

• 15th June 2016 / 9:23 pm

I’m assuming then that Cross Stitch is a sequel Shaz?

7. 15th June 2016 / 6:29 pm

There was a time I was reading a lot of WWII books and it was hard not to compare them to each other! Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

• 15th June 2016 / 9:34 pm

It is really hard to judge similar books on their own merits….I’m trying to vary each book and read a different genre but I have quite a few review books of the same type….arrgghh

8. 15th June 2016 / 6:51 pm

I haven’t read any of these, but The Safe Word is on my wishlist. I hope you’ll enjoy your books this week! Here’s my WWW.

9. 15th June 2016 / 7:33 pm

You sure have some interesting covers this week πŸ™‚

• 15th June 2016 / 10:18 pm

You’re welcome. I do too πŸ™‚ Variety makes it interesting!

10. 15th June 2016 / 7:38 pm

The Safe Word looks fascinating!

11. 16th June 2016 / 5:19 am

A Stitch in Time sounds perfect! Adding that to my TBR straight away!

Thanks for visiting my WWW post! πŸ™‚