I love raspberries and raspberry flavoured cakes so was happy to come across this muffin recipe on the Good Food website. My muffins never turn out like shop bought muffins or muffins you might have in a cafe; ones that have a spongy texture, mine always turn out quite dense, tasty but dense!
What you need:
250g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
100g caster sugar
75g butter, chilled
1 large egg
150g fresh raspberries
Extra sugar for sprinkling (optional)
What you do:
- Preheat your oven to 200ºc and line a muffin tray with paper cases. I got to use my pretty ones again 🙂
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir in the sugar
- Grate the chilled butter into the bowl and stir with a fork into the flour mixture (I’ve never grated butter before, first time for everything)
- Beat together the egg and milk then pour into the bowl. Mix lightly with a fork until just combined.
Don’t over mix the mixture – it should still be a bit lumpy.
- Gently fold in the raspberries. My raspberries looked quite big so I cut them in half to make them go a bit further
- Share out between the muffin cases.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until the muffins are risen and golden.
Sprinkle lightly with a little extra sugar while still warm if desired (I didn’t, as didn’t think it was needed).
Until next time…Happy Baking!