I saw this cupcake recipe over at Claire’s blog Art & Soul; I know she won’t mind me sharing it here with you also. This is a similar type recipe to the Chocolate Fudge Cake recipe I’ve discovered recently.
What you need:
Buttercream icing if required
140g softened butter
280g icing sugar
Few drops of milk if needed
What you do:
- Preheat your oven to 180ºc and put 12 paper cases into a baking mould
- Beat together the eggs, caster sugar and vanilla
- Melt the butter with the chocolate, I find this easiest done in a heatproof bowl over a simmering pan of water. Leave to cool slightly
- Pour the combined chocolate into the egg mixture
- Fold in the flour and baking powder
- Share the mixture between the paper cases
- Baking for 20 minutes will leave them with a gooey middle.
- Cool on a wire tray while you make the buttercream icing (mix together ingredients in a freestanding mixer until combined)
- Decorate as required
It was a bit of a mistake for me to use my new muffin paper cases as the sides were too high; just use regular cupcake cases.
So overall these brownie cupcakes weren’t my finest moment. They tasted nice, even if they were a little heavy (in density and weight!!).
Until next time…Happy Baking!