WWW Wednesday (February 24th)

I’m currently reading…

A Husband’s Confession by Zoë Miller

I thought this was going to be regular run-of-the-mill romance novel but it hasn’t turned out to be that entirely. It actually has its darker moments with a very twisted family.

ahusbandsconfessionThe blurb

When Ali met Max in the summer of 1990, he turned her empty life around and filled it with love. Now, years on, Ali’s greatest fear is that her happiness and contentment might be taken away from her. But just as Max’s star is rising, unsettling incidents at their artisan bakery in Dublin’s creative quarter threaten to damage the reputation of the bakery.

Finn and Jo were running away from heartache when they met in Australia over 20 years ago. But now Finn is in shock after the demise of his gritty role in a popular television crime drama, and Jo fears for him and their marriage. Then an accident on a Saturday night has devastating consequences for both families, tearing their lives apart in ways they never imagined.

I recently finished

The Rabbit Back Literature Society by Pasi Ilmari Jääskeläinen

Ok, so I was drawn to this book for its stunning cover; and therein ends my love affair with this book. It was just plain wierd, often slow and I’m not entirely sure what the point was! If you liked The Night Circus or even The Invisible Library I suspect you’d like this.

The Rabbit Back Literature SocietyThe blurb

Ella Milana is a literature teacher, and the possessor of beautifully curving lips.

But when she starts trying to unearth the truth behind the Society, Ella finds a lot more than she bargained for. What is ‘The Game’? Why are the words inside books rearranging themselves? And what explains the strange disappearance of an author, in a whirlwind of snow?

What’s up next?

The Ice Twins by S.K Tremayne

This is our next book club read and a mystery / thriller I’ve been really looking forward too.

The Ice TwinsThe blurb

A year after one of their identical twin daughters, Lydia, dies in an accident, Angus and Sarah Moorcraft move to the tiny Scottish island Angus inherited from his grandmother, hoping to put together the pieces of their shattered lives.

But when their surviving daughter, Kirstie, claims they have mistaken her identity – that she, in fact, is Lydia – their world comes crashing down once again.

As winter encroaches, Angus is forced to travel away from the island for work, Sarah is feeling isolated, and Kirstie (or is it Lydia?) is growing more disturbed. When a violent storm leaves Sarah and her daughter stranded, Sarah finds herself tortured by the past – what really happened on that fateful day one of her daughters died?

So what do you think of my choices this week?

1. 24th February 2016 / 9:18 am

Another good collection. I’m drawn by that second cover too. Now I’ve read your post, I think I’ll be adding that and the Ice Twins to my TBR pile 🙂

• 24th February 2016 / 11:50 am

Thanks Carol, am really looking forward to The Ice Twins. I hope it lives up to expectations though 🙂

• 24th February 2016 / 2:01 pm

No, I don’t think it would be your cup of tea either!
      Thanks for stopping by Emily 🙂

• 24th February 2016 / 2:06 pm

That’s exactly what I did though……ooh that’s pretty, buy book, read book, urggh what?…..
      There’s also Beside Myself by Ann Morgan which is a new twin mystery thriller one!
      Thanks for stopping by Donna 🙂

• 24th February 2016 / 11:41 am

Ha ha, yes that’s exactly what I’m saying lol. You can have my copy when I see you next, I was only taking it to the charity shop otherwise. And, I know you’ll appreciate the cover 😉

• 24th February 2016 / 11:42 am

Oooo…thank you very much! 🙂

I’m laughing because I bet I’ll love it! And the cover is beautiful.

• 24th February 2016 / 5:10 pm

I’ve just been checking out your WWW post and from the books you’re reading you’d most probably enjoy it! Thanks for visiting Sarina 🙂

2. 24th February 2016 / 4:20 pm

I’m sorry to hear you didn’t like The Rabbit Back Literature Society! The cover is just stunning. And I have a feeling you will enjoy The Ice Twins a lot better; I have been looking forward to get a copy myself for ages. Happy reading!

• 24th February 2016 / 5:05 pm

I expect to enjoy The Ice Twins a lot more too, thank you! 🙂

3. 24th February 2016 / 7:56 pm

I really enjoyed The Ice Twins. I hope you do too!

4. 24th February 2016 / 8:43 pm

The Ice Twins looks interesting! I’ll be looking out for your review.

Here’s my WWW.

• 24th February 2016 / 9:01 pm

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your link 🙂

5. 24th February 2016 / 8:55 pm

Hahahaha I love that comparison to The Night Circus! So true.
    The Ice Twins sounds so good! I’m interested to see what you think about it before I decide to add it to my TBR.

6. 24th February 2016 / 10:44 pm

I did enjoy ‘The Night Circus’ so I’m curious about The Rabbit Back Literature Society. It sounds a bit like ‘Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore’ as well. Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

7. 25th February 2016 / 4:31 am

Sorry to hear aboutThe Rabbit Back, hopefully Husband is much better (even with its darker parts). Can’t wait to see how you like The Ice Twins. Hope you have a wonderful week and happy Wednesday!

8. 25th February 2016 / 5:54 am

I have The Ice Twins on my TBR so out of the three that’s the one I’m most interested in although you’ve tantalised me with the Zoe Miller too.

• 25th February 2016 / 10:57 am

mmm the Miller book is actually turning out to be a bit disappointing 🙁

9. 25th February 2016 / 1:51 pm

Oooh! My partner read that Rabbit Back book. His overall opinion of it was something like “ehm…. that was…different.” LOL!

My Week in Books.

• 25th February 2016 / 2:48 pm

OMG, I don’t know of anyone else who’s read it so I’m glad it’s not just me! Thank you!! 🙂