Banana Bread

Perfect for using up over ripe bruised bananas; this is a recipe I found on the Good to Know site. The finished cake was so light and moist and delicious served with some butter, this is a fab recipe I’d definitely use again.

Also, I must apologise for the rubbish photos. I was experimenting with a different camera rather than my iPad and I couldn’t get the light right.

What you need:

75g butter or margarineDSCF5267
100g soft brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
2 large bananas
225g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp mixed spice
Pinch of salt
Handful of mixed fruit or chopped walnuts (optional)

What you do:

Preheat your oven to 190Β°c and prepare a loaf tin (grease and line)

Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy using an electric whisk or freestanding mixer. Gradually add the beaten egg.

Banana Bread

Add the dried fruit. Mash the bananas then add to the mixture.

Fold in the flour, spice and salt. I then gave it a little extra beat in the mixer to ensure all the flour was combined. And, don’t forget the salt like I did!

Spoon into the prepared tin, level off and bake for 35-40 minutes. Mine actually needed 45.

Banana Bread

Cool on a wire rack. Serve with butter and a nice cuppa πŸ™‚

Banana Bread

1. 24th January 2016 / 11:00 am

Looks good. I’m going to have a go at making this today. I don’t like bananas much but this might convert me πŸ™‚

• 24th January 2016 / 12:20 pm

Good luck with it. As the recipe only uses 2 bananas it isn’t overpowering. I hope you like it πŸ™‚

2. 24th January 2016 / 12:43 pm

I love banana bread! Or anything with overripe bananas really… I always use an old recipe of mine for humid banana cake with almonds, nuts and chocolate to prepare a cake or muffins whenever I have leftover bananas. πŸ˜€ Yours looks great as well by the way.

• 24th January 2016 / 2:56 pm

I made banana chocolate muffins for New Years and my nephews loved them! Such a good combination πŸ˜€

3. 24th January 2016 / 3:09 pm

sounds really tasty. May have to give it a go too. x

4. 24th January 2016 / 6:19 pm

Mmm, that looks delicious! I haven’t had banana bread in ages! Thanks for this recipe, I might get round to making some soon because of this πŸ˜€