My month in books – January

With a Goodreads reading challenge of 80 books set for this year I’m off to a great start in January and so far am ahead of target. Who knows how long I’m going to be able to sustain this for but I’ll give it a really good go.

I’m still trying to reduce the amount of books that I’ve requested from publishers (perhaps if I stopped requesting books via Netgalley & Bookbridgr I’d be in with a better chance!). This month I’ve read 3, so continuing the effort at reducing the review pile to enable me to get onto my own books that I’ve had for donkeys ages.

How are you getting on with your Goodreads or other reading challenges?

Books read: 8

The Life I Left Behindthe teashop on the cornerthe-rose-petal-beachA Single Breaththe-liars-chair

Summer of the DeadAnd There Were NoneHoly Cow

Books added to the TBR: 4

Second LifeHausfrauThe MiniaturistThe-Ship

Currently reading: The Undertaker’s Daughter by Kate Mayfield

Favourite book for January: I can’t decide between The Teashop on the Corner, Holy Cow and Then There Were None – have read some good books this month and am spoilt for a favourite!

1. 31st January 2015 / 1:00 pm

I’m well ahead of schedule on my Goodreads challenge. But as you say, you need some in the bank for times when you can’t read as much. I am also trying to not request books from NetGalley but that’s not going well! Looks as though you’ve had a great month. Here’s to February. Already!

• 31st January 2015 / 2:03 pm

Exactly! The Christmas break helped me off to a good start but I won’t manage 8 in February though. I also can’t resist Netgalley and feel at times I have to keep up with what’s current ๐Ÿ™‚

• 31st January 2015 / 7:48 pm

That’s the problem with Netgalley, so many current books but I also have library books and books stacking up on my kindle, neither of which are current but that I do want to read. I wish I could read faster. And still enjoy the book.

2. 31st January 2015 / 11:22 pm

It looks like you had a great month of reading! I actually just heard about David Duchovny’s book today! How was it?

• 1st February 2015 / 11:30 am

It’s good. Quite a short book, just over 200 pages but I found it to be really funny. Surprised myself that I enjoyed it as much as I did ๐Ÿ˜€

3. 2nd February 2015 / 12:15 pm

What a GREAT selection of books you read. I really want to read The Life I left Behind.

I’m absolutely loving your blog layout – it’s beautiful.

• 2nd February 2015 / 8:52 pm

Do read it, it’s a good second book.

Thank you for the lovely compliment ๐Ÿ˜Š