Reading habits

Whether it’s on the sofa, in bed, the bath, coffee shop, on the train or bus to work or wherever you snatch those few precious reading moments, we all have our favourite places to read and routines to accompany them. My favourite place to read is in bed with a cuppa!

If I’m prepared and know what I fancy next then I tend to go straight onto the next one.  However, some books I’ve read have been such amazing reads I didn’t think I could pick one to follow it.  When this happens, I may have to take more than an evening to recover!

Here’s what some of my fellow book lovers had to say on Twitter when I posed the question does anyone actually take a break in between books or just pile straight into the next one?

@MrsKRufus3 as soon as I finish a book I start the next. Can only read 1 book at a time though.

@jennymarston_x “Straight into the next one!

@margaretbmadden “straight in to next one. Usually have picked it before I have even finished prev one. Try to change genre each time though

@CharlDibs “Depends on my mood, do take breaks most of the time.They vary in length. Sometimes a day, other times can be a couple of weeks

@ZoeMillerAuthor “I usually have 3-4 on the go at once, so no break at all!

@luckyducks77 “I used to have a days break between books but now I have so many on my TBR pile I just go straight to the next book!

@ShazsBookBlog “A day at most but generally go straight into the next one especially when TBR pile out of control!

So if it’s this……….or like this:

7954220244_b0dc0d7a54_z

stock-vector-relaxing-with-a-good-book-retro-clip-art-58684477 stock-vector-luxurious-bath-retro-clip-art

Tell me…what are your reading habits and preferences?

1. 19th November 2013 / 9:21 am

I read every lunchtime at my desk and my colleagues know not to disturb me!
    I sneak pages whenever I can and like you enjoy reading in bed (when I can stay awake!) xx

2. 19th November 2013 / 9:46 am

Hmm this is an interesting question. I often need a day or two to have a think about the book I just read before starting a new one. But that depends as well, if it’s a lighter one, a more how-to or self-help book I can go straight to the next.

3. 19th November 2013 / 9:50 am

Hmm this is an interesting question. I often need a day or two to think about the book, its characters and ending before picking the next one. But if it’s a lighter one, a how-to or self-help book I can go straight on to something else. I like to switch genre or topic quite often for variation.

4. 19th November 2013 / 1:08 pm

I like a day or two break between reading books. What a great post!

5. 19th November 2013 / 4:34 pm

I love to read relaxing on the couch but if we’re lucky enough to get a nice day I have a favourite spot at the harbourside. I can’t have gaps between books. If I finish one on the train on the way to work, I’ll either have the next with me or start it that night before bed. Can’t be bookless!

6. 19th November 2013 / 6:09 pm

I don’t read during the day either during the week or weekend Lindsay. For me it’s usually after 9pm – starting on the sofa and then in bed. Although I have been known to read at the dining table when eating …

I don’t have breaks between one book and the next and don’t usually read more than one book at a time. The only time this might change is if one was non-fiction and the other fiction.

Great questions 😀

Shaz

7. 2nd December 2013 / 8:13 pm

Thanks everyone for stopping by and sharing your reading habits. We’re as unique in our habits as the books we read 🙂